Trust me…you are going to want to bookmark this blog post!

You already know that Social Media is a tremendous way to build traffic to your website.  What you might not know is the correct way to do it in terms of sizing images.  This post is all about image size for Social Media.   Interesting Bookmark

There are so many social media channels out there that it is important to understand the different parameters when creating images for social media.

I came across this fascinating infographic on the recommended image sizes for all of the social media channels. 2016 has barely begun and trends that will affect us have already started to emerge.

I want to share with you this invaluable tool that literally sums it up in one excellent infographic.

The fact that content marketing is always changing at breakneck speed is why I like it so much. Literally every day you have both the opportunity to learn something new, as well as create something new.

Let’s look at some new eye-opening social media statistics that will really surprise you:
  • Over the last 9 months, average daily video views on Facebook doubled from 4 billion video views per day to 8 billion.
  • Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3X more than other any other type of content.
  • Articles with an image once every 75-100 words get double the number of social shares than articles with fewer images
  • 88% of consumers have purchased a product they pinned, and 49% have purchased 5 or more products they’ve pinned.
  • Over 80% of pins are re-pins compared to 1.4% of tweets retweeted

Need I say more?

The numbers don’t lie!  This is a seriously large opportunity for you to take your social  media efforts into overdrive and accelerate your sales.

I would pay very close attention to the stats about interactive videos helpful site.  I predict that 2016 will be the year of multimedia.  Your customers are using many different types of devices throughout their day at different times for different reasons.

When they first get up, they may check their smartphone and then move on to their tablet to answer emails or read the news.  At work, they may be using a combination of devices to get their information.

It’s not uncommon for me to have my laptop going, with my smartphone and tablet right next to me.  I can’t saymobile devices anymore which device I like best because I use them interchangeably all day and night.  I pull up Social Media on every device that I have!

I will also admit that I watch videos on all of my devices.  I really think that this year our customers are going to want to connect to us in more ways than they have done before.  Content is still going to be king, but the way the content will be available to us is going to change.  It’s an incredibly great time to be a content marketer!

I hope you find the infographic below to be very helpful in your efforts.  My next blog is going to focus on how to make and/or curate videos.  Videos do extremely well in Google rankings and as we can see from the stats video is a “must-have” in your toolbox.

What do you think the next big trend will be?  Please share your ideas in the comments box below.

As always, thanks again for stopping by!

Ruth (4)

What Are The Right Image Sizes For Social Media?

10 thoughts on “What Are The Right Image Sizes For Social Media?

• February 2, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Hi, I am new to internet marketing and I am trying to get a straight answer about how effective social marketing is. I have never been into it, but I can see it’s useful if you know how to use the systems properly. Do you have a minimum/maximum post limit that you recommend? Like is one post per day too much or should I try to space my posts out through the week? I just don’t like getting updates all the time and I think others feel the same way, so I try not to come off as annoying if I can help it. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this. Thank you

• February 2, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Will,

Thanks for the questions…Social media is absolutely essential and very effective for driving traffic to your site. In terms of times to blog per week, my rule of thumb is 3x a week at 1,500 words each. I know many successful bloggers who blog multiple times a day. It comes down to offering your readers valuable content that will help them solve a problem.

• April 3, 2016 at 7:26 am

I have my own website and to be honest I see very little in the way of activity from social media.

I am not a lover of Facebook anyway and the other platforms I rarely look at with the exception of Google Plus.

Is there something I can do to make the activity within Facebook and Twitter increase?

Everything I post gets overlooked and it is very very rare someone will even put a like on it!

Thanks

Chris

• April 3, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Chris,

I had the same issue and I just kept at it…and then I started to get more traffic. I also found that Pinterest has been a great social media outlet for my niche.

Best of luck!

Ruth

• September 24, 2016 at 11:14 am

Hey, thanks for this excellent cheat sheet, I mean infographic. This would be helpful for my social marketing in the near future. I am currently active in Google plus and Pinterest and I use 800 x 600 image size for both. Although they are not the ideal frame, they do look good on both networks.

It’s very time consuming to create different sizes for each network so I’ll stick with my original frame for now until I am able to work on my blog full time.

• September 26, 2016 at 1:05 am

I’m glad it worked out for you!

Ruth

• October 24, 2016 at 8:47 am

Over the past two years I’ve noticed a big move by many of the top social sites towards images within posts – this can only help marketing circles as they try and shift their products.
    I think the most drastic change was twitter – that has really taken off on a visual stage these days. What do you think and do you use twitter as an advertsing option?

• October 24, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Thanks for asking Chris…as a matter of fact I am a big fan of twitter…the key however is building a following with relevant content.

Ruth

• August 29, 2017 at 2:04 am

infographic was really helpful..never thought of this before. Video is really important , since all things big or small are moving online. Still need to find a video editing software that does not break the budget , you know. i have tried free ones, ezvidz and virtualdub, results were not very satisfactory

• August 29, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Zak,

I recommend giving Camtasia a try!  They are reasonable and have some great features…

Thanks,