Google Search Console: The Best Way to be Indexed Faster by Google
In today’s competitive world, bloggers and content writers need to get every advantage they can. In this blog, I want to share with you the best way to get your content ranked and indexed faster…this could be a real competitive advantage if used properly.
Within Google, there is an option called Google Search Console (previously known as Fetch as Google or Google Webmaster Tools). This tool will index your content and URL within only 24 hours versus 5+ days. In my personal experience, the quickest my blog indexed was within only a few hours.
What does this mean to you? It means that it will not only index your posts faster, but it will also help you in the rankings.
This is a tremendous productivity tool, but oddly it seems like the best kept secret on the web. I can’t quite figure out why more people aren’t using it as part of their best practices. That’s fine with me because you and I will have a leg up on the competition.
This tool is very straight forward to set up and use:
- You need to first register your site with Google Search Console.
- Go into your Google Webmaster tools (now called Google Search Console) and select the site that you want indexed.
- Then select Crawl and then Fetch
- Note that you just want to paste in the back part of the URL relating to the post or page. For example, I would paste in: The-Best-Way-to-be-Indexed-Faster-by-Google
- You should see a green check mark under status saying “complete”
- The next step is to select “Index” and then choose whether you want Google to just crawl that specific post/page or to crawl both your URL and it’s direct links.
- Please note that you can submit up to 500 times a month for the crawl only option. You can use the 2nd option of crawling your URL and direct links 10 times per month. The system will notify you if you are getting close to your limit, but that rarely happens since they have been very generous with the options.
Here is a quick review of best practices…
- Every time you update a post or page, re-submit it to be indexed
- Major changes in your website should be re-indexed
- This can also be done on the mobile friendly version of your website
- All new pages and posts should be submitted
In summary, the Google Search Console will have a dramatic effect on the speed of indexing your pages and posts. This will be a real competitive advantage for you in both the short and long run.
If you need more information, please go to Google Support at the link below:
Best of Luck!
Related Article: How to Write a Great Blog in Record Time