I often get questions about what is an alternative to Google AdSense. The best alternative to AdSense that I have found so far is Infolinks.
What is Infolinks?
- InfoLinks is a pay-per-click global ad platform similar to Google AdSense. The biggest difference is that Infolinks has multiple types of ads to choose from versus only banner ads from Google AdSense.
- Their value proposition is that they take the actual text on your blog or website and turn those into intent driven advertising units by leveraging your keywords.
- They have an impressive proprietary algorithm that scans the site content and delivers contextual ads to the right target users in real-time. In any given month, they literally analyze 2 trillion keywords that deliver 2.5 billion ad views.
My Overall Ranking: 96% (out of 100%)
Infolinks Product Suite:
Infolinks offers 5 different types of contextual ads: Intext, Infold, Inscreen, Intag and Inframe.
(1) Intext – your page content is scanned in real time and your ad shows as a discreet text link.
(2) Infold – your ad unit appears just above the fold.
(3) Inscreen – Your relevant ad appears between page views
(4) Intag – This solution pulls out relevant keywords and delivers highly customized ads
(5) Inframe – this solution if geared towards wider screens and shows the ad in the traditionally blank real estate on either side of the wide frame.
- Absolutely free to join
- Easy to do business with and program set up is simple and fast
- They pay quickly and in multiple ways (i.e. PayPal, direct deposit, check, etc…)
- Have a very unique and innovative product offering that helps improve customer engagement
- The ads look like normal internal links to your visitor versus traditional banner advertising
- You can customize ad units to fit in with your theme
- They work well with other ad platforms, like Google AdSense
- Infolinks works in real-time
- 24/7 customer support
- Like any other ad networks, you need to generate decent traffic to benefit financially
- Your visitor’s experience may be adversely affected if you have too many ads, luckily you ca set your own threshold
- Your users could potentially get distracted by some of the ad types (particularly Infold and Inframe)
I personally really like Infolinks’ product offerings. I particularly like Intext because it is so discreet and it has a nice customer experience. I also like the fact that I can use this in addition to my Google AdSense program. They don’t really compete against each other that much since AdSense uses the virtual real estate on your site for display ads, whereas Infolinks targets your text. My final verdict is that this is a very solid product and I will be using it more in the coming year.
If you would like to share your experience with this product or other similar products, please fill out the comments section below.