Here is a quick tip for you…always use this type of checklist when building out your content marketing strategy.
1. Can Your Target Audience Find Your Content?
- Add at least 2 tags
- Link your content to related content
- Metadata – include title, descriptor and keywords
- Add alt tags when you use images
2. Have You Made the Content Easily Readable?
- Break the content up into smaller nuggets
- Use headers to break up the content and emphasize a point
- Bullet lists and numbers are easy to read and digest
3. Does the Content Make Sense to the Reader?
- Make sure it fits within the context of the message you are trying to get across
- Adding video and other media can help tell the story
- Always have a hook – say something in an original voice that intrigues the reader
4. How Do You Make Sure the Reader Takes Action?
- Include a strong and direct call to action
- Make sure you have a comments section
- Provide links to related content
- Give the reader the ability to easily share the content with others